Followers

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tagged & Salt Lake

I haven't been able to post about last weekend when we went to Salt Lake City, Blyss started with the stomach flu (Blyss had the stomach flu for 3 days, which when she pukes there is no warning, so wherever she was I had a mess to clean up), then Hallee, then me, so all week I have been doing load after load of laundry cleaning up puke, holding sick babies, you know how it goes- Not FUN!

So, last weeked we went to Salt Lake and met Zak's parents there. We ate at Macaroni Grill, our first time, and everyone is right- IT WAS GOOD! Then we went over to Temple Square and walked around. Then we got a carriage ride from Temple Square back to our hotel, which the girls loved. Then we hit the hotel swimming pool, Blyss and Hallee both had fun(when we got home for 2 days Blyss wore her swimsuit, and she would point to it and say, "fun".)

On Saturday we when to Thanksgiving point to the Dinosaur museum, it is really neat, they have this huge sand box with water, play dinosaurs, and Hallee had a blast playing in it. We also went and seen a 3-D movie there as well, that was pretty neat.










Right there by Thanksgiving point is a store called Rod Works, and they have such cute decorations, I ended up finally buying a clock! I wish we had a store like that closer to Logan.


Then we headed home, where the girls slept the entire way, they were so tired after all our playing. We had a great time with Zak's parent- Thanks!



I was also tagged to list some things that BUG me.. So here are somethings that bug me...


1. Dirty House, especially when things are strung all over.


2. When people don't hold a door open for you and they are just a couple of steps ahead, especially when holding a car seat, holding a hand of a toddler and balancing a diaper bag, I had this happen to me so much when Blyss was in a car seat.


3. I pull into a gas station all the pumps are full, so I pull in behind someone who is fueling up their car, they finish fueling, go inside the store (meanwhile I'm still sitting their waiting), they go inside, buy a pop, take 5 minutes and finally come out, and leave. Hello- use some courtesy and pull forward to the front of the store, I really don't enjoy sitting and waiting at a gas station.


4. When its your 1st Sunday in a new ward and the only person to talk to you the entire time is the Relief Society President. We so need to be friendlier to new people when they come to Church, it could be an investigator, it would make you feel like not going back.


5. When people save seats.


6. Salespeople who make you feel guilty, use the guilt trip.


7. When I can't remember where I put something.


8. When my girls are made fun of for having blankies.


9. When people are nice to the face, but talk bad behind the back.


10. Barking dogs, dogs who aren't tied up in a neigborhood.


I tag- Erica, Dixie, and Sara B.

5 comments:

The High Family- said...

I am so sorry about Blyss having the stomach flu. That is awful. Hope she is feeling better now. The dinosaur museum looks so fun. We are going to have to go with you guys sometime. Miss you!

PoulsenPlayground said...

I think having to clean up puke is one of the worst things about being a mom! Yuck! I love Rod Works!! Next time you guys are up here give us a call, we can hang out! My kids love to see your pictures.

Erica Bazil said...

That sounds like a great little get away! My brother lives not too far away from Thanksgiving Point and my sis-in-law is always telling me about it. It sounds cute and I hear it's awesome around Halloween/Thanksgiving time. Also, my sister took a trip to SL a few months ago to visit Rod Works and she bought several things for their new home. I really like what she got. My mom just went there too. They both have great things to say about it. I'll have to go there some time too.

We're finally getting over all our illnesses and hope you guys are to that point too. It really is miserable when you or your fam is sick.

Jess said...

Hey! Rodworks is the best store! When we go to Utah we have to go to RodWorks and Tiapan!!!!
I have the Turbo Jam workout videos that I like! The abs tape I do is Greatest Abs Guaranteed!!! It's good! I am really wanting to start running so I am working up to doing that outside when summer comes! It will be an adventure!! :)

Taylor Anne Vail said...

yeah, I want to join your PIF exchange...It sounds like so much fun!