Followers

Saturday, January 10, 2009

BiG GiRl!

Before- wall all white

We have been working on the girls' room this last week. Last Saturday we painted their room pink, Hallee and Blyss were so excited, they were bouncing off the walls, Hallee kept saying, "My room is Pinkalicious." As were painting the walls, it amazed Blyss, she kept saying, "Wow," or "Cool." They love their room being pink.





Painted pink

This past week we bought Blyss a big girl bed, in hopes that she would start sleeping through the night (which didn't work, she still wakes up once or twice a night). We bring the bed home, take down the crib, and realized we didn't have a bed frame, when we bought the bed and the head board it was our understanding that the bed frame was included since we were buying everything else, I call the place and they told me I would have to buy it seperatley, sure would've been nice to now that when we were buying everything else, it made me mad that he never asked if we needed a bed frame, Hello- we were buying everything else for a bed. So we don't have a bed frame yet, but Blyss loves her new bed. She actually wants to go to bed now, she'll come to us about 9:30 and wants to go to bed, before she didn't go to bed until 10 or 10:30. Several times through out the day when I can't find her or it is really quiet I'll find her in her bed, just laying in it. The other morning I found her in her bed with a bikini in her mouth (last time she took a bikini she was 4 months old), with her doll in bed with her, with a bikini in its mouth, she is a funny girl.



Blyss in her bed with her baby

Today Zak and I painted the darker stripes on the wall, they turned out pretty good. Now I just have to decorate! So when it is all decorated I'll post the pictures.



Stripes!!

9 comments:

Jason and Dana said...

Cute!! I love the stripes! When we bought Colby's big boy bed we didn't realize the headboard and footboard didn't come without the side rails. Then we found out they didn't make them in the matching blue so we had to buy white and get blue paint to match the bed. But it's cute now!

Jess said...

What cute stripes! I wasn't brave enough to do stripes! Just opposite colors on the walls! Maybe some day I will do stripes! Who knows!

Kim said...

Wow! That is adorable! I LOVE the stripes! They look great. How fun!

JC Photography said...

Oh my gosh! Those stripes are so cute! I'm totally impressed. It turned out sooooo good!

Fully Invested said...

Don't you love salespeople sometimes! Good paint job!
DEJA

Stephanie Johnson said...

LOVE the stripes I wanted to do stripes so bad with Sofie But Spencer didn't trust my decorating skills I guess.

Dixie Bazil said...

Looks really good. I bet Blyss loves that bed. I am a little scared to put Aleynah in a big girl bed yet. I'll have to get brave one day!

Andrea said...

Those stripes are amazing! You are so crafty and creative. That's great that Blyss loves going to bed now and even greater that your girls share a room!

Rebecca said...

I really like the stripes, you guys did a really good job! It was fun to see pictures of your cute little girls!