Followers

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hogle Zoo

For Hallee's birthday we took her and Blyss to Hogle Zoo. It was fun! We got to see the new cute little elephant, it was 36 inches tall and 251 pounds. We also got to see the new little giraffe. The girls enjoyed looking at the new babies, the penguins, and the monkies. Of course they had to go on the carousel and train, Blyss had a premanent smile on her face doing those things.









We had a sad moment at our house yesterday, Hallee's beloved little kitty that she got for her birthday was ran over yesterday. Zak felt so horrible that he ran it over, then had to put it out of its misery. Blyss was here and Hallee was at preschool- which I am so grateful for, not a pretty scene. Our neighbors who gave us the kitty had another kitty they wanted to give away, so Zak said, hurry go get the kitty, but they had gave it away the day before. We were hoping with another kitty Hallee wouldn't be to sad. So I had to tell her and she was a little confused and I had to explain to her that Starry won't ever come back. It made her feel sad, so I told them we would get another kitty. I don't know if we should get another one, this is the 2nd one this summer.


I had to throw this in- Of Fancy Nancy-Blyss. Blyss loves dressing up like Fancy Nancy. The Fancy Nancy books are my girls favorite books to read.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

so sorry about their kitty!!!

Blyss looks so adorable.

Angie said...

I'm so sorry about the kitty. I beat it was not a good sight. I'm really glad she was at school during the whole thing. If I hear of any kittys I'll let you know. I love Blyss dressed up! She is so cute any way though.

Jess said...

What a fun trip to the zoo! :)

The High Family- said...

We have always wanted to go to hogle zoo. We'll have to come visit sometime and go together. I feel so bad about the kitty. She was a trooper to handle it so well. Blyss is such a big girl, not a baby anymore!

McKay Womack said...

Hey it's been a while since I've done any checking of blogs. I just wanted to tell you CONGRATS!! I'm excited for you to have another little blessing.

Annette said...

I'm so sorry about the kitty. That stinks. You're family always looks so put together when you go out. I wish we were more like that!

Erica Bazil said...

So sad. I hope the girls find themselves another kitty soon. Sounds like a fun trip to the zoo though. What a fun idea!

Rebecca said...

Congrats on expecting baby #3. How have you been doing? I hope you are feeling well. Your girls are so adorable!!!