Followers

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Look What Zak Brought Home

Zak called me on Monday night and said that he had a present for the girls, I said what kind of present is this, and he said it is trying to climb out of a box right now. I thought to myself, oh great a puppy, what in the world are we going to do with a puppy. But then he told me it was kitty, I couldn't believe Zak would get the girls a kitty- he hates cats with a passion, and it doesn't help that he is allergic to them. But he saw the kitty running around on one of his dairy farms and thought it was cute and that the girls could use a pet. Of course the girls love this kitty, they named her Lily. After Zak brings her home, the girls play with her a bit while I'm fixing dinner, then it is time for dinner, I lock her on the deck while we eat. When the girls are done eating they go outside and no Lily to be found, we looked and looked, called and called for her, and no sign of Lily. We determine that she ran away already. Right before we put the girls to bed we hear a meowing and she is back on the deck, the girls were so happy that she was back. We have been keeping Lily in the garage for now, and the girls can't leave her alone, of course the girls and the neighbor hood kids all fight over her, so she gets plenty of attention. I just don't know what we are going to do with her when we go to Idaho.



Today we decided to go to Bear Lake, the girls had fun playing in the sand, it was a great day- plenty warm!!!






4 comments:

Trisha said...

My boys would be in heaven if we would let them get a cat! For now, we'll walk up and see yours!

Erica Bazil said...

I keep thinking a kitty or a little dog would be fun for our kids too - of course Ty would prefer the dog. Maybe for Christmas or next summer I keep telling him. We'll see. How fun for the girls. I'm sure they were so happy with their dad for that one. I love Bear Lake - you guys are lucky you're so close to go visit.

Jenny said...

marcy
I found your blog off melissa's... your girls are so darling.

thanks again for letting us borrow your husband to move our super heavy piano around. I owe you goodies or something.

it is always nice to have a kitty in the neighborhood to get rid of the mice...send her our way

Andrea said...

What a dad thing to do....that's fun. Jeff knows better than to do that to me but you are sounding like a good sport. Your girls are so tall. I can't get over how big they look.