Followers

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Holiday Fun

This past week has been fun with holiday fun. Last Wednesday night Hallee's dance class went and performed at a Nursing Home, they did a cute job. They danced to the song, "I got Chicken Pox for Christmas," so they danced in their PJ's and had red dots all over their faces. When I figure out how to get the video from my camera to the computer I will post it.


On Thursday night was Hallee's preschool Christmas concert. Their singing was a little off key and they didn't know all the words, but the kids were funny to watch, especially when there was about 30 kids.


I finally was able to get all my Christmas shopping done- YEAH! Every place I went this last week was packed. Zak and I went to Walmart on Saturday- bad idea, I about had a panic attack, from feeling claustrophobic.

I also think I lost about 10 years off of my life this week. Usually when I'm getting ready in the morning Blyss is in the bathroom with me playing or whatever. Well this morning she wasn't, Hallee came into the bathroom, and I asked her what Blyss was doing, Hallee replied, "She is laying on the floor." I asked, "Is she okay?" Hallee then said, "You didn't hear her choking?" I threw my blush, which broke, ran into the front room, and Blyss was just laying on the floor watching tv and fine as can be. I'm not exactly sure why Hallee said that, but it scared the heck out of me.

Today we decided to make a ginger bread house, it was my first time. It is definatley not perfect or pretty, but the girls had tons of fun putting candy on it, eating frosting, and the candy also. Zak quit half way through, because it drove him crazy that it wasn't perfect.




On a sad note, a father of a boy in our Primary Class was killed in a car accident on Friday. They have four children the oldest being 13, I'm not exactly sure what I can do for him, if you have any ideas of what we could do for him or his family I would appreciate, I have no idea what to say or do and my heart aches for this family so much.

5 comments:

Ms.Speaking said...

Looks like you have all been having a lot of fun. Merry Christmas.

Holly said...

We are making gingerbread houses this week too! :) SO fun! Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas! Oh and here is the link for the enterainment center website! I LOVE them! http://www.betterhomeinteriors.com/

Sara said...

Your girls are beautiful and that's really funny that Zak had to leave the gingerbread-house-making to your girls!! As far as that little family goes...I never know what to say to someone who has lost someone. I would say just pray for them...and show extra love to those precious little kids. I can't imagine losing your daddy at that age!

Erica Bazil said...

What a fun activity. I've never done a gingerbread house - maybe next year. I also never know what to say or do for someone who has lost a loved one but my only suggestion for your little primary boy is to at least say or do SOMETHING. So that he knows you know about it and are thinking of him - rather than not saying anything in fear of bringing it up and hurting his feelings again. Maybe as time goes on it might be cool for Zak to take him out for a special trip to the pet store or fishing or something just so he has some bonding with another father role. I don't know, maybe he'll already have that with other family members but those are the only things I can think of right now. Praying is always good though!

The High Family- said...

You guys always do so many fun things! Hope you had a great christmas. About the family that lost their dad, I would offer to babysit, or take in meals. That really is so sad. We will keep them in our prayers.