Followers

Monday, December 8, 2008

Fun Filled Weekend- well kind of-







This past weekend we headed to Salt Lake to see the temple square lights. Traffic was horrible, we were stuck in traffic for 2 wrecks, not so fun when the kids are sick of being in the car. We made it to temple square and it was stinkin cold, and realized I had forgotten Blyss' coat(whoops!!!). So we layered her in the clothes that I had brought for her the next day, she seemed to be fine. We meet my parents, (2 of my brothers and I went in and got them a hotel at the Hilton and a gift certificate for the The Garden Restraunt for Christmas) and we walked through the lights and Nativity scenes, then we took a tour of the Conference Center, where Hallee almost knocked a picture off the wall- Zak and I lost about 3 years off our lives due to that one. The lights were pretty, and we all enjoyed seeing the lights.


When we got back to the hotel the girls explored every inch of the hotel, they thought it was so much fun, it was hard to get them to settle down.




On saturday- Zak's Birthday, we went to the aquarium in Sandy, it was pretty good, they had some fun things to look at- the octupus was really cool. Both Hallee and Blyss just loved it. We did a little bit of shopping and headed for home. When we got to Logan we decided to stop and eat for Zak's Birthday, he chose Panda Express, we sat down and started to eat, Zak took one bite and just the look told me it all, there was peanuts in his dinner (for all of you who don't know, Zak is allergic to peanuts), so we hurried home and he took 7 Benadryl, he was pretty sick the rest of that night and on Sunday, but luckily the Bendadryl did the trick and we didn't have to take a trip to the Emergency Room. I can't believe that Panda Express didn't have that marked to have peanuts in it- talk about lawsuit, if someone was willing!!!!!
Blyss also learned the word puke and hey this weekend. When we went home for Thanksgiving, she got car sick and pucked, I washed her carseat but it still stinks like puke, so I told her that her car seat stunk like puke, and she kept saying it, "puke, no puke." Then she has started saying" Hey, " to everything. If she doesn't like something you are doing she will say, "Hey." Like don't do that. It is so funny, she has the cutest little voice- well most of the time, I do get sick of hearing, "Mom, Mom, Mommmmy!"
So we had some fun this weekend but also not so much fun experiences!

11 comments:

Suz said...

Looks like so much fun! Hey did I get your address? and can I get your mom & dad's?

PoulsenPlayground said...

Sounds like you had a memorable weekend! It gave me a good laugh! Is it still to soon for you to think its funny? :) I love it when kids learn new words. Tyce loves to say, "Dip it" (When we were eating French Dip sandwich's I said, "Tyce, Dip it" So now he loves to say it! Kids are so funny!

The Foster Bunch said...

Glad you had a fun time!!! Thank goodness Zak is ok, that is crazy.

Ms.Speaking said...

I am glad you made it to see the lights. They are very pretty this year. Sorry about the bad traffic. Also sorry to hear about Zak, but I am glad hear he is doing alright. Hope all is well and Happy Holidays.

Sid and Kelli said...

The lights at Temple Square look so pretty. We are headed down to see them after Christmas. Seems like you and your family had a great time. Sorry Zak about the peanuts- 7 Benedryls-WOW- Thats enough to knock you out for a week but I understand it probably was a lot better than a hospital visit. Good Luck!

Sara said...

Sounds like an adventure for sure!

Erica Bazil said...

I talked to your mom and she told me about Zak's experience. That's terrible. I'm glad he pulled through. I'm glad you had a good time at Temple Square and at the aquarium! It looks like fun.

Wendy said...

How funny - we were in Salt Lake City last weekend also. We just came home on Monday.

Kim said...

Hey Marcy, great to hear from you! Your girls are so adorable. I checked out your other blog- and you have some dang cute things, you're amazing! I just might have to order a few things from ya!

Andrea said...

I love the Temple lights at Christmas. So fun. Your kids always make me laugh! We miss you guys.

Jason and Dana said...

Hey guys! Marcy, I can't believe Blyss is only 20 pounds!! That's crazy! I remember Halle being a small baby too. Must be the genes.
Can I get your address? I think you have our email...? If not it's delga1629@msn.com.
You guys are so lucky to get to see Temple Square lights! It's the greatest.