Followers

Sunday, June 1, 2008

We are Blessed!

We are both so blessed with such great families to help us with the building of our home. This last week my parents took care of the girls for 3 days while Zak and I worked on painting our house. What a job that was! I thought painting with nothing in the way would be a piece of cake, I don't know what I was thinking. Doing the two tone paint is alot of work! I'm so glad that my parents were able to watch the girls so I could work on the paint, or there is no way it would get done.


This weekend Zak's parents, his sister, Lyndsey and her husband, Cole, and our good friend Ray came to help us put rock on the front of the house. Zak didn't think this would be such a hard job, but it turned out to be alot more work than he thought, but it is almost done! We are so glad that they came to help do this or else it would've taken weeks to get done.


Both Zak and I are grateful for the incredible families that we have, willing to do what they did for us, they both volunteered to help, and we can't tell them how much we appreciate it. Thanks to Ray to for coming down and letting us borrow the tools and volunteering as well. We are so LUCKY!
This next week will still be lots of work- we need to finish the rock on the front of the house, caulk and touch up after they put the trim up in the house, stain our front door, lay the subfloor to lay tile, and lay our hardwood floors. It is so exciting to see our house come together, and have the satisfaction that we did alot of the work ourselves! Best of all I'm almost done picking everything out that I need to for the house.
Here is a picture of the deck Zak has been working on, its coming together and getting closer to being done.

5 comments:

The Foster Bunch said...

Tell Zak I am very impressed. I didn't know he was so talented. That is so exciting for you guys. What would we all do without family, I can't imagine our lives without them. Have a good week of working on your house!!

Holly said...

What a cute house, I bet you can't wait to move in! Paining is always a bigger job than you expect right?!

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

Hey Marcy, I saw your blog on Sara's and took a peek. Congrats on the house. I look forward to having my own someday. You have a cute family and seem happy.

Melissa Soria Harvey

JC Photography said...

Looks so good. Are you guys for hire. We are thinking of building this summer or next - are you available?

Camille said...

Hi Marcy!

Cute blog! I saw your link over and Jon and Ashley's, and thought I'd say hello. You have such cute little girls, and your house is beautiful! I feel for you on the painting- its a lot of work!

Camille (Olaveson)