Followers

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Signs

 A good sign the kids are having a blast is you can't get them inside! We had a swim party for 2 days- till the swim water was pretty nasty. The kids had fun in the pool, on the slip n slide, and making butt prints on the cement.

 Blyss going down the slip n slide
 Sicaly hanging out in the pool. She would not go down the slide, just stand in the water- she did not want to get wet!
 A sign that fireworks did not go as planned. We were at our neighbors on Sunday night for their firework show, when one of the fireworks tipped over or misfired and headed directly at us mom's and kids on the blanket- my foot got hit. I'm so glad it was me and not the kids. But while one firework was coming at us, one landed in the empty lot next to their house- it landed and went woof- with flames, it was so scary because it went up so fast and was spreading so fast. All the guys worked hard to get hoses from wherever they could and got the fire out really fast. While this was all going all, the kids were panicked running all over screaming, and I was trying to find my 2- I was holding Sicaly, so I had her. It really shook up the kids. And I think it shook up everyone else too. We had a hard time sleeping that night replaying what happened. It could have been so much worse we were all being looked out for, I got the worst of it- the firework exploded right next to me and made my ear hurt- like I felt like I had an earache. My neighbors son go a tiny burn on his ear, Zak got a burn on his leg, and a firework went off in front of our neighbor and burned little holes in his clothes. Our neighbor gave us rest of the fireworks and I told Zak we are not lighting them off- maybe on New Year's Eve when it can't catch anything on fire!


Last sign- 3 days of fort building- the girls really, really like hanging out in a fort. It has kept them so entertained! But today- they have packed half their bedroom into the fort- so today is the last day of fort building for awhile!

3 comments:

Trisha said...

That is scary! Your toe looks like it hurts :(

Seantae Jackson said...

How seriously fun... they have huge smiles in every picture!

Andrea said...

Wow that fireworks story is scary. And your toe looks like it hurt!
Glad that was the worst of the damage.
My kids have been obsessed with forts too. They turned their bed into one and have been sleeping like that for the past week.
Happy Summer!