Followers

Friday, July 30, 2010

Whew!

What a crazy/ busy last weekend/week we've had. It all started out with Zak getting pneumonia, so instead of having 3 children to take care of, I had 1 more, plus we had the scare of possibly the rest of us getting it as well, so I was sanitizing like crazy, washing everything, but hopefully we are out of the clear now.

This past weekend we went up to Idaho, I was able to spend a day with my family and celebrate my birthday- did a little shopping and out to eat. The girls and I went to my parents Stake Pioneer celebration. They had a chicken chase, but the chickens were completly worn out by the time we got there, so the girls got to pet the chickens. We also went on wagon ride pulled by horses. My mom and I also gave Sicaly her first hair cut. Sicaly's bangs hung in her eyes, she had a mullet in back and then long hair around her eyes, so we trimmed it up, and it looks so much better. Then we went to St. Anthony for the big pioneer celebration. We went to the parade which was awesome, then Zak couldn't do anything do to still being sick, I was the one who got roped into taking 5 children on a raft down the river- didn't work so well, since I was the only one who could paddle, we would just go in circles, luckily some of Zak's cousins were in tubes and could help pull us along. Both Hallee and Blyss were in tears because they were scared, my nephew who is 6 scaring them by telling them there is alligators in the river, and repeadtly about 200 times yelling, "We are going to die." I was sure glad when we made it to the spot to get out. Then that night I took Hallee and Blyss to the rodeo, which entertained them for a little bit. While there Zak's brothers wife had her baby, so we were able to see the new baby- Case Lee. Also, while we were there my Aunt Patti passed away.

We left on Sunday, and turned around on Wednesday and headed back to Idaho to attend my Aunt Patti's funeral. It was a very nice funeral, all the speakers did an awesome job, and I know she is in a much better place. I will miss her eccentric side which I got a kick out of, she was always dressed to the nines, she always had to be matching, shoes, outfit, purse, and jewelry. Shge was a very fun lady!
Here are a few pictures, I didn't get pictures of everything we did.





At the rodeo, Hallee is somewhere in that mass of kids, trying to catch a calf. I was praying that none of the kids would get trampled by each other or by the calf.


I love how St. Anthony has floats- real floats, I thought this was real neat.



My parents came to the parade. Look at Sicaly with her new hair cut.



The kids ready for the parade to start.



Hallee and Blyss with the chickens.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

I totally dropped the ball on your birthday. I wanted to make you something yummy! Happy birthday a few days late!

Rebecca said...

yeah happy Borthday! Looks like you had a busy, I thought mine was busy