Followers

Sunday, February 7, 2010

What I've Been Up To

To keep myself entertained the last few weeks, while Zak has been out of town during the weeks is this:



I've made a couple of new receiving blankets for the baby, new burp cloths, a car seat cover(brown and pink material), a maya sling, and a hooded towel. And of course several bows and headbands for her. I am sure getting excited for her. It is hard to get alot ready, since I don't have a place to put anything, hopefully soon we can get Zak an office done in the basement, so she will have room, and a place to place things, until then she will be in a basinett in our room. I did order a dresser, and will just have to put it somewhere in the office, so that I can get out the clothes. I have been going through the whole nesting thing, going through everything, organizing, until this past week, I got a pulled ligament in my right lower side, which killed me for a couple of days, I didn't want to move or anything because it hurt so bad, it is now feeling better.




I have to show this picture of the girls, I got a kick out of Blyss and her bobby sock shoe going on thing with her PJ's and of course Hallee with the PJ's and hot pink cowgirl boots. Zak was out of town this week, so by 9:00pm, I am just exhausted- keep in mind, and don't want to fight with the girls. I was getting the kids ready for bed- when we hear meowing, of course the girls have to check on the cats, come to find Sweetie in the window well, I told the girls if she got in there she can get out, I was not going to save her. They decided they were going to save her, I told them I wasn't going to help get on shoes or anything (thinking they wouldn't try), so Hallee helped Blyss get socks, shoes on, and her coat as well, when I saw them all ready I had a pretty good laugh, they went outside and what do you know Sweetie had already found a way out. So of course they had to give her a little attention before she could go back outside- hence the bag- they were going to somehow use the bag to help get her out. I got a kick out the look though and was pretty proud of Hallee, that she could get Blyss' socks, shoes, and coat on.

6 comments:

Trisha said...

Very cute projects!

Sid and Kelli said...

Question- what is a maya sling? Is it one of those wrap around slings for babies?

Erica Bazil said...

Love the projects - you are such a good crafter/mother! I tried making hooded towels not too long ago and they turned out fine (especially for me who doesn't sew) but not as good as the one I got from you for Cash - someday I'll have to learn your tricks. Cute story about the girls and their trapped kitty. They so put me in mind of myself at their age. I adored my cats. Remind me when your due date it? I know in March right?

Annette said...

We should do a girls' night out where you teach us how to make some cute stuff. I'm jealous of your creativeness!

Jenny said...

Sounds like someone is NESTING!!! Your girls are adorable.

Dixie Bazil said...

I like the things you made they are so cute. Yeah it is funny the things they pick out to wear. Aleynah for the last couple months goes and gets into her dresser (before I even know she's up and gets herself dressed) It is funny to see the things she picks out. Sometimes they match, sometimes we have to change. She also loves to put on these boots that are about 2 sizes to big, but I guess whatever she likes will make me happy. Girls are so much fun.