Followers

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Southern Utah

This weekend we went to the Young Farmer and Rancher Convention with Farm Bureau in Bryce Canyon, which is in Southern Utah. We left on Friday at Noon, I was hoping Blyss would take a 2 hour nap which she usually does, at 5:30 she finally fell asleep and we got to Bryce Canyon at 6. Hallee and Blyss were awesome in the car, loud and annoying at times but did fantastic.

Once we got there dinner had started, so we had dinner, Zak, Hallee, and Blyss went swimming. Then they had a game night, we had lots of fun visiting with people and playing Mafia (I love that game!), Hallee and Blyss had a grand time playing with the other kids.




I was visiting with someone and lost Hallee and Blyss, I find them sitting on these pretty rocks that cost over $1000, eating a creamy!



Entrance into Bryce Canyon, you get to drive through a couple of these fun tunnels.




The next morning Zak had to judge a competition and went to a few meetings, the girls and I hung out in our hotel room, the girls were so content just to sit in bed and watch tv, I could barely get them dressed and to eat some breakfast before the speaker they had on the agricultural industry. Things were wrapped up with the convention by noon, and we decided to head over to St. George while we were so close, since I had never been. There wasn't much to do in Bryce Canyon, it is just a summer resort type of town, plus they had tons of snow so you couldn't even do any site seeing. So we started toward St. George, Zak finds on his blackberry phone a backway to get there, we are an hour into the drive and the road is close, so we had to back track and start all over- I was mad-not fun to be in the car that much longer. Once we got to St. George we hit the outlets and Zak found himself a new pair of Church pants and shirt, but the deals were not that great, we tried out the Pizza Factory, and went to the St. George temple. We had a swimming pool again at the hotel, but all the girls wanted to do is soak in the hot tub, how I wished I could've gotten in, my back just ached from all of the driving, so I had to just watch. Today we drove around a little more to see St. George, what a fun little town- crazy to see flowers growing and to see palm trees. Then we headed home, we are so happy to be home! We spent 15 hours in the car and drove over 900 miles, Hallee never once fell asleep, and Blyss probably slept less than 3 hours in the car, I'm so proud of them- it helped to buy them a new movie- "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs," they just loved it!







8 comments:

PoulsenPlayground said...

Looks like you had a fun trip! Car rides with kids are always hard, good thing you had a DVD player!! That is the best thing ever! :)

Erica Bazil said...

Oh my goodness, what a drive! Glad you had a good time at your destinations though. I'm pretty sure I've never been to Bryce Canyon - those tunnels look cool but St. George I can vouch for. I love it there.

Trisha said...

I don't think I could handle that long of a drive even not being pregnant!

Kim said...

How fun! It's always nice to get away for the weekend once in a while. Neat pics!

Angie said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! I'm glad your ride down was great. It is always a guessing game with kids!

Dixie Bazil said...

To bad it wouldn't have been the weekend before, we were in St. George and Cedar going grocery shopping we could have taken you around and taken you to some cool spots. They have a little place called dinosaur tracks that has dinosaur bones and things that the kids could have went and seen. There is also a couple of really cool indoor swimming places. Anyways sounds like you guys had fun!!

Annette said...

I hope things were warm for you - I'm tired of all this winter weather.

Anonymous said...

hello
Grandma Jordan