Followers

Sunday, November 15, 2009

I Swore I Never Would-

I have got to stop saying, "I swear I never will....", because all of those these keeping coming to reality- first I swore I never would live in Utah- which now I do, and it is not so bad. Another thing I swore I never would do is own a minivan-

It is a bit dirty from all of our traveling on crappy roads- It's a Nissan Quest

Yes, we bought a minivan! ( I am officially apoloigizing to all of those I made fun of, for owning a minivan). I really can't believe we own one. With a third baby on the way, we decided we needed a little bit more room, so I took our Explorer in to see how much a 3rd seat would be to put in, our Explorer wasn't set up to have a third seat- so it would have to be especially made, their estimate was between $3,000 and $4,000- we decided -no way! So since then we have been looking at other cars- at first I was just looking at SUV's with a third seat- first I realized what a pain it would be, to be flipping up seats to get to the back seat, and second- they are expensive. Finally, Zak got me talked into trying out and looking at minivans- well he won- they are so much easier to get into, have lots of room, get great gas mileage, and don't cost as much as an SUV- so it fit within our budget. Plus we have automatic/ power sliding doors- which is awesome- I push a button and they open. We bought it on Friday- we actually thought about this one for an entire week (took it on 3 test drives) and decided it was what we wanted- we took it to Idaho for a quick trip on Friday, we came back from Idaho on Saturday, so that we could make it to Zak's Christmas work party- we had it at Maddox's- so we had to go through Sardine Canyon on very, very crappy roads- and the van did awesome- Zak swears it did better than the Explorer did.
So yes- we are OFFICIALLY UNCOOL NOW! We love our van- and we brag about it!

11 comments:

Andrea said...

Nerds! Just kidding. We made that same promise and so far we haven't given in. Our Explorer has third row seating but it is a major nuisance to get into the back.
All of our friends love their mini-vans.
You look great!

Jenny said...

It's okay. We still love our "uncool" neighbors.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I only have TWO kids and I want a minivan! no joke!

Rebecca said...

Way to join the club! I was the same way and Scott convinced me also! I wouldnt change it for anything and the power door make it so worth it! I'm also excited about saturday! let me know if you wnt me to drive or you can drive everyone in your new uncool van!!:)

Angie said...

It is sad when we have to eat our words. I had to do the same thing! I guess we grow from it!

Erica Bazil said...

That's so funny. I don't blame you though - vans are made specifically to make life easier and roomier for families in the car. We will more than likely have to get one when we have #3 too. I promise I won't make fun of you! :)

Trisha said...

Hey, we are right there with you...I love my van! I like the Nissan!

The Foster Bunch said...

It's ok, you fit right in with all the other mormon families. HA HA! No really our friends have a Nissan and they love it.

Annette said...

Congrats! It's nice to have the extra room with #3. I don't think my husband will ever give in. I really like the Quest though!

JC Photography said...

Hee hee - I think a lot of us make that same promise. I brother and his wife swore up and down they would never own one....they recently got one too! Funny. It looks really nice, and your looking GREAT!

Todd and Melissa Titensor said...

At least Zak doesn't have drive a PINK mini-van.