Followers

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Our Week

On Monday night we went to the Young Farmer and Rancher get together at the George Eccles Ice Center. I thought it was kind of weird that the get together for a bunch of cowboys and farmers was to be at the ice skating rink, but it was a blast. It was also quit a site to see all these boys and men ice skating around in their wrangler's, it gave me a good laugh. Both Hallee and Blyss tried out ice skating, Blyss looked so cute in her little pair of ice skates. Zak and I enjoyed it as well, we both hadn't ice skated forever, I was a bit nervous, but it came back like riding a bike. We decided we should do these more often, it was great exercise. Once again I forgot my camera, so no pictures.
Today Hallee had her tonsils and adenoids out at the Cache Valley Specialty Hospital. I'm so glad that my mom came down last night to watch Hallee so Zak could go with me to the hospital, because I really needed the moral support, I'm not to great when it comes to seeing my kids in pain, it breaks my heart. We had to be at the hospital at 7 am this morning, and Hallee was so scared she was shaking so bad and she was crying We had several nurses come in and talk to use and prep us and the doctor. All the nurses, doctors, and anesthelogist were awesome!!! The Anesthelogist came in and talked to us and he was the one to take Hallee to the OR, poor little girl had to go with this guy and we just had to stay in the room, she took hold of his hand and went with him trying to be brave. Hallee was in the OR for about 30 minutes then they brought her back. She was in alot of pain and confused and had a sick tummy do to the anesthisa, she was throwing up, I felt so bad for her. She kept saying, "I just want to go home. I want Grandma." She also didn't like her IV, all that well either. The Doctor came in and talked to us, he said that her tonsils were garganteous, and actually would've cause problems with her palate and also with the formation of her face as she grew. They gave her some pain medicine and it did wonders!!! We were able to come home at 11 am. She felt great for several hours and rest of the day she hasn't felt well and says her throat hurts really bad. We sure hope she can recover fast, they said about 7-14 days.
We want to thank Grandma for coming and taking care of Blyss for us, when she woke up from her nap, she was pretty disappointed that Grandma wasn't here, she kept asking where Grandma was, it was pretty cute!!!

6 comments:

Taylor Anne Vail said...

sounds like you had a busy week!

JC Photography said...

Poor thing. I feel so bad for her. I hope she has a really fast recovery - but it sounds like it was good that they took them out! Good luck!

Sid and Kelli said...

I'm happy everything went well. How nice for Grandma to come and I hope Hallee gets feeling better

Matt and Lena said...

The hardest part for me is when they take them away while they are still awake!! Kael still talks about watching me cry while he went with the dr. A few times they have been able to put him out while I am still holding him . . . that is hard but at least you can watch them do it:) Glad things are going well so far. Let me know if I can help you.

Rachel said...

I know what you're going through, Chalise had surgery this week and it was so hard seeing your child leave with a stranger, then the next time you see them they're all confused and out of it. I hope the recovery goes well.

Erica Bazil said...

I just talked to Orillia last night and she told me about her visit and about Hallee. Sounds like she was really so brave. I hope she gets feeling 100% again soon.