Followers

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Our Family

This past week Hallee has wanted me to draw our family almost everyday. She tells me to draw her first, then Blyss (she always tells me to draw Blyss with her crazy hair), then she tells me to draw me, and then to draw Daddy. She will then talk about each of us and what we do, it is pretty cute. I thought I would tell a little about each of us.
Zak- grew up in St. Anthony, Idaho on a farm/ranch. He served the Calgary, Canada Mission. When he had been home from his mission 2 weeks his friends drug him to Retrix- country night, and that is where we meet and started dating. 7 months later we were engaged and 2 months later married in the Idaho Falls Temple. We made our home in Parker, and 4 years later he graduated from BYU-I with andAnimal Science Degree and a minor in AG Business. He worked for his Dad awhile on the farm, then he had an opportunity to work in the insurance business, that is when we moved to Idaho Falls. He decided the Insurance thing wasn't for him after a year, and interviewed with Cargill- Animal Nutrtion Company, he got the job, Zak worked in Rupert (so either he drove or stayed in Burley), until Blyss was 4 weeks old, then he moved to Ferndale, WA, and I moved up 3 1/2 weeks later. We were in Ferndale 6 months, then transfered to the Cache Valley. Zak works as a Dairy Nutritionist here. Zak likes being out on the farm and helping his family with cattle drives.
Marcy- I grew up in Rigby, Idaho on a dairy farm- and I did milk cows. I graduated from Ricks College with an associates in Health Science, I went on to get my Bachelors in Health Education with a minor in Biology. I taught school for a full year at 5 county Detention and Rehabilitation Center in St. Anthony. I loved it, it was so much easier and rewarding then public school. Then I had Hallee, 2 1/2 years later we had Blyss. I like doing crafts, especially making hairbows. I like to exericse and spend time with my family
Hallee- she was a very colicky baby, she did not take naps the first 4 months of her life, but she would sleep 12 hours at night- I eventually got her on a schedule and was a much better baby, but she still is a hard headed child. Hallee is also a sensitive, busy girl. She has turned into being the best big sister, she helps take care of Blyss. Hallee loves to do art projects and dig for worms and snails.

Blyss- She is our little firecracker, she has the personality to go along with that red hair. She is a cuddle bug. She is very small for her age, she will be 18 months at the end of this month and she weighs 18lbs. She loves being outside and also loves being in moms arms.

4 comments:

Erica Bazil said...

How fun to read about your family. I'm sure it's hard to believe you've accomplished so much within just the past few years but you definitely have...school...jobs...kids, etc.

We're so excited for you guys and you're new house - it looks great. We hope the move goes well.

I'm gradually working on getting our house decorated. I know you're super busy Marcy but I was considering paying you to maybe make a couple flower arrangements or something for us. It wouldn't be for a while - I haven't quite made final decisions yet and I don't want to overwhelm you. Would you be interested though? Just let me know - I totally understand if you don't think you could get to it.

The High Family- said...

I love your family. I know I say it all the time, but you guys are one great little fam. Your girls are growing up into such special little people thanks to their amazing parents.

Stephanie Johnson said...

Marcy- I love these kind of posts because I get to know you better. I sure think you are an amazing person.

Sara said...

Marcy it was so fun to see you on Sunday...I thought you were going to stay for the rest of church. Oh well, next time your in town let me know!