Followers

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Rough Week Baby!

This past week we decided it was time for Blyss to give up the bottle. We tried shortly after her first birthday, but she would have nothing to do with a sippy cup- I tried 4 different types of sippy cups and no luck. At that time the doctor and us were concerned about her growth and weight since she was not on the growth charts at all, and we were trying to calorie pack her to see if we could get her to gain weight, so we just went with the bottle. Over the last 6 months I have tried the sippy cup and she will not drink out of one, so I just gave up until life settled down a little, house done, moved in, unpacked, and used to new house. It has been a tough week, she cried for 3 days, for 3 nights she would wake up every hour, crying, I would hand her a sippy cup, it would make her so mad, she would throw it out of her crib, all the screaming and crying would wake Hallee up, so we would have 2 upset little girls. During the day she wants to get in the fridge and freaks out when there is no bottle in there or when I hand her a sippy cup. So its been challenging since she always had a bottle before naptime and bedtime, it is hard to get her to go down since she wants her bottle. But we are holding strong and hopefully the next week goes better.
On Friday we were outside and a hornet landed on Blyss' shirt and crawled up her shirt, then went down her shirt and stung her twice. Not so fun! I heard if you tape a copper penny on the sting it will prevent swelling and itching, so we are giving it a try. But she is one tough little girl, it hasn't bothered her to much.


On Friday as well, we meet Zak for lunch at Arby's and I was sitting across from Hallee and noticed that her neck was really red. So I told Zak and he started looking at her, looked down her shirt, and she was all red. By the time I got home her whole stomach, back, neck, up into her ears were red, with welts. So she has Hives- poor girl. She started itching immediatley after, the hives went up onto her face, down her legs, onto her toes, between her toes, down her arms, and hands. She is completely covered. So we are doing Benadryl and rubbing anti itch cream all over her about every 4 hours. If she doesn't get better we will take her to the doctor. Hallee keeps telling us that she doesn't feel good, that her whole body hurts, I feel so bad. Any advice would help! I can't figure out what she ate or was around to get them, because we've had the same old food, done the same things outside.



Today we went to Bear Lake (we had never been and thought we should check it out), despite Hallee not feeling well. We had talked about it earlier and Hallee wanted to go to the beach so bad. She told us that she was fine and that she wanted to go. So we went and played on North Beach. Hallee collected snail shells, Blyss chased seagulls, Zak and I built a sand castle and chased after Blyss. We had a great time and afterwords went and got a famous raspberry shake- it was tasty.






I found Blyss in the office one day, sitting on Zak's office chair playing with the calculator, I thought it was pretty cute.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Your poor family! Man, the girls did have a rough week! So are you pretty close to Bear Lake then? We just got back from vacationing there. It was SO beautiful! THe Lake is so blue and looks like the ocean. We had so much fun!! By the way your swimming suit is SO stinkin' cute too!

Erica Bazil said...

Wow - what a week! We actually had a really rough time taking Cash's bottle away too - I would always give in to his begging for it after a few days of holding strong but once I finally decided enough was enough, it took about a week of torture and somehow he just learned. I'm sure it will come soon for you too.

I love Bear Lake - one of my favorite things to do in the summer is to play in the water. The water is so clear and pretty there. The shakes are yummy too I must agree.

I hope Hallee and Blyss have a smoother week therefore giving you a break.

We just talked to your mom and it sounds like we might see you guys next weekend if you come up. That would be so much fun - we are anxiously waiting the trip!

The Foster Bunch said...

What a rough week. We are doing the sippy cup thing right now to. I wish it could just be easy.And poor little Hallee. I feel so bad for her. Hopefully this week will go better.

The High Family- said...

Marcy, I am so sorry! I hope they get better soon. I bet Bear Lake was fun. You look really great and are so skinny. Send some skinny vibes my way...PLEASE!