Followers

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Trip to Idaho

This last weekend we went home to Idaho so that Zak could help his family move cows. Zak's family has a ranch, so they move cows with horses. Hallee was able to ride a horse most of the time, either with Zak or Zak leading a horse, Hallee had a great time. Hallee's cousins were there to, so they all had a ball together. I drove a horse trailer behind the herd of cows and those on horses. Blyss danced around on my lap and loved messing with all the controls on the dash. After the cattle drive we went back to the farm, where Zak's mom put the kids to work picking up garbage alongside the road side- they thought that was better than Disney Land- they would race to find a piece of garbage- who ever thought picking up garbage is fun.
On Sunday my brother, Ty and his wife Erica blessed their little baby girl, Vanna, in Pocatello, so we went and attended that and spent time with them, they will be moving this friday to Weiser, where he got a job as a pharmacist- congrats Ty! While we were outside having a picnic Blyss was playing on the toys and she walked in front of someone swinging on the swing- Blyss was hit- and it sliced open her lip, so she has had a swollen lip the past couple of days- along with that hit it left a bruise on her cheek. A little while later the same thing happened, she walked in front of Hallee pushing a little boy (so not as bad of hit, not going so fast), but Blyss fell in the gravel and had gravel all over in her mouth and from this hit, she scratched above her lip and her chin is scraped up. But she got over both little accidents fast and wanted to get back to playing.
This week I have been busy picking out stuff for the house we are building. I will post pictures soon. It is not easy taking Hallee and Blyss with me to the cabinet shops or the carpet stores(I'm going around getting bids for the best deal), they seem to always get in some sort of trouble. Plus it is stressful to me, because I try to look at everything and hope that everything will flow, look nice, and that I get a good deal, so I'm having a hard time making choices.
Zak is gone again this week to Washington, and once again our TV is broken (aka Babysitter), it was broken while he was gone last week and so for me it is constant entertaining the kids- so we have been outside alot- Thank goodness for warm weather.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Hey Marcy!! I'm so glad you found me! Your girls are beautiful!! and so big. Crazy! If your planning a visit to Idaho this summer give me a call!! 360-4564. It would be so fun to see ya!

The Foster Bunch said...

Sounds like you had fun on the cattle drive. Cindy told me you guys were building a house, how exciting. I do not envy your stress however. Hope you guys have a good week without Zak, and the TV.(Neither one fun to be without!!)

The High Family- said...

I love your girls. They really do make me smile. You better come and see me next time you are here. I know we have to share you with yours and Zak's family, but next time you are here I call dibs!!

Stephanie Johnson said...

Marcy I am so glad you left me a message. It has been so fun getting caught up with people through the blog. You are still cute as ever and your girls are really cute too.
Stephanie Swendsen- Johnson

Andrea said...

Hey Marcy, I wanted appologize about the blog I posted about milk. I wasn't intending to offend anyone or to even make a huge statement it is just something that has been on my mind a lot lately and that I am continuing to research. I'm really sorry if I offended your family. Hey I still wanted to order a nursing cover from you. I like the black with the white circles with the D ring. Let me know. Thanks

JC Photography said...

Wow, I had no idea that swings could be quite so dangerous!! Eck. sounds like a fun weekend however!