Followers

Thursday, December 5, 2013

SuN ValLEy 2013

Zak and I headed to Sun Valley on Tuesday for the Idaho Farm Bureau Convention. That morning we got snow and it was very cold, so the roads were a slippery mess, but we made it safely there. I had never been to Sun Valley Lodge and it is so pretty!
The ice skating rink behind me- it was to cold to ice skate!


The waterfall was still working

It is just pretty there!


Here Zak is ready to head off to participate in the Farm Bureau discussion meet. This was his 6th year participating, first year in Idaho. Zak studied and studied, looked up statistic after statistic, quotes from famous people to use that applied to the subject being discussed. It is stressful. I honestly think I was more nervous than he was- I was a NERVOUS WRECK! It was tough competition- when they narrowed it down to the final 4 and they announced Zak, I just let out a huge sigh of relief!

Final 4 competition- it was tough, they were all very aggressive, Zak did awesome, his opening and closing statements were great! I was so proud of him.

Then we had to wait some more for the banquet/award ceremony that night. They announced the 1st runner up, I thought my heart was going to quit. Then they announced Zak as the discussion meet winner! YAY!!!!!


He won a 4-wheeler- so that is 2 for us now. He also received a helmet and gloves.



Group shot!
We will be heading down to San Antonio Texas in January for the National Competition. Exciting and Nerve Racking time for us!

Night Time as we walked between the Lodge and the Inn


3 comments:

Sid and Kelli said...

Great Job Zak. You do so well! Hope you guys have fun in Texas! It will be so warm and it is a fun city.

Erica Bazil said...

He really is a natural and we're so happy for and proud of him. I keep telling Ty that there are two places in Idaho I'd love to visit that I've not been to: Sun Valley (it does look beautiful) and Cour'D Alene (I have no idea how to spell that one without looking at it:). Glad you guys had a great time.

Andrea said...

wow! What an accomplishment! I am so impressed! You guys look great!